If you’re an athlete, you are constantly looking for a way to either prevent injuries from happening or recover from an acute or nagging injury.
And the options can be overwhelming. Should you heat an injury? Ice it? Chiropractic? Massage? Surgery?
Acupuncture, and the full scope of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that an acupuncturist utilizes, is a full system of medicine that views the individual as a holistic unit. Because of this, we treat the whole athlete and are able to more effectively help the recovery process and prevent injuries in the first place compared to many single modalities.
For example, an acupuncturist may utilize and prescribe:
- Dry needling to eliminate trigger points
- Electrical stimulation acupuncture turn a muscle on that is not firing
- Specific acupuncture points that
- Reduce your engagement in “fight or flight”
- Increase blood flow to specific areas of the body
- Reduce inflammation
- Balance hormones
- Cupping therapy to break up adhesions and restore blood flow to tissue
- Chinese herbs to reduce pain & inflammation and restore function
- Corrective exercises and stretches
- Dietary recommendations to eliminate symptoms
And on and on it goes… TCM is a vast medicine with thousands of years of history to draw from in order to help you feel your absolute best.
So I encourage you to look for acupuncture near me and contact your local acupuncturist in Austin to learn more about what we may be able to do to help you reach your health goals.